Thursday, February 26, 2009

Shadows

I can see them as they walk,
Scurrying around like ants;
Working for the Queen so proud.

I watch them from my place,
Hidden in the shadows safe.

When I was young, I came out
Into the light to join in,
To serve the Queen and work.

I did not belong with them;
I was not wanted in the light.

Now I keep my distance always;
Their actions only a vision to me;
They belong to the Queen.

As I stand within the shadows,
I know I am not one of them.

The sights they have set to gain,
Are not ones I understand;
They serve the Queen, not them.

I never could live for anyone,
Who was not a part of me.

The world they have built out there
Is set to please each other;
The Queen is more than the whole.

The shadows are my home;
Comfort me they always will.

The others can live within the light;
Conform to the Queen and her wish;
Live with the same each day.

I will watch from here again;
Knowing shadows hide me.

No comments: