There were two teachers who both had a strong following. Many students came to hear them. However Professor Yang was extremely jealous of Professor Yin. He came before Professor Yin one day when he was with his students. There he proclaimed, "Only those who have respect for you will obey and listen to you. I have no respect for you at all. How will you get me to obey and listen?"
Professor Yin looked up and quietly said, "Please come up here to the front and I will show you."
Professor Yang walked defiantly to the front of the classroom and stood before the professor. Professor Yin told him, "No, you really should stand over here on my right side."
So Yang moved over to his right side. Professor Yin looked him over and said, "Oh, I'm sorry. You would be much better off on my left side. Please step over there." Again Professor Yang stepped across in front of Yin and took his place on the left side of the professor.
"Now you have shown you can obey me. Sit down and listen."
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment