There were two men, very wise men, who grew up together, went to school together, studied together. One, for the sake of the telling, we'll refer to as Father Light, was quiet and unassuming. The other, who we'll call Father Dark, was very extrovert and loud. As the years went by, they both developed followings, as each became men of strong beliefs. Father Dark was, increasingly, very envious of Father Light and he constantly tried to engage him in debate over the difference in their teachings. Father Light merely smiled at his old friend and went about his business.
One day, Father Dark confronted Father Light and said, "I can stand on the banks of the river with my newest disciples kneeling on the far bank in the water and the water lapping at their chest. With my arms outstretched, I can say just a few words and the waters around them will be calmed. That is miraculous."
Father Light replied, "I wake up in the morning. When I need air, I breathe. When I am hungry, I eat and when I am thirsty, I drink. Those are my miracles."
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment