Monday, April 13, 2009

Same, Yet and Different

I felt nostalgic, so I went to visit some of my old friends, though I do not recall any. The first one I visited, I pushed open his door and walked right into his house, yelling out, "Anyone home, anyone home?"

Upon seeing me, he threw up his right hand, palm out, facing me. I looked at him and laughed. "I am on the Queen Mary, not a rowboat. How do you expect me to tie my ship to that pier?" With that I left as I had come.

Eventually I came to the house of another dear old friend I have never really known. As I did before, I walked straight in, throwing the door back, yelling, "Anyone home, anyone home?"

Upon seeing me, this man threw his right hand in the air, palm out, facing me. I looked at him and I laughed. "You bring life to some and death to others. To a few, you introduce joy, while others learn of sorrow. Your life is one of give and take, as it should be." I bowed to him, turned back to the door and left, to return to my home. My quest was over.

No comments: