Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Alive or Dead

Two long time friends went to view their former colleague at the funeral home, as he had recently passed away. When they arrived, they realized they had come at the end of visiting hours, as they were the only two people there. They entered and approached the coffin. The one tapped on the coffin as he stepped up to it. As he did, he said, "Is it alive or dead?"

His friend said, "I wouldn't say alive nor would I say dead."

"Why not?"

"I just won't"

With that the first one hit his friend.

Later, when they had returned to the one's home, the one who had been hit asked his friend to leave. "You need to leave now. I am afraid that what you did will bring problems for you."

Upon leaving, the man went to a mutual friend's house. Upon arriving, he explained what had happened at the funeral home and how he had ended up hitting his friend. He asked this friend for advice.

His friend,having listened in silence, nodded, and then said, "I wouldn't say alive nor would I say dead."

"Why not?"

"I just won't."

Now he understood.

No comments: