Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wind

A father and his son were talking. The father asked his son, "Do you ever just listen to the sounds around you? For instance,right now, what do you hear?"

The son stood quietly for a moment and then commented, "I heard the wind blowing through the leaves on the maple tree in the yard."

His father replied, "As we go through life, we encounter people who are confused. They never really seem to be in touch with themselves. They spend their all their time chasing after things, but never know what they chase."

His son considered his words and asked, "So, what about you?"

'I almost always know what I am."

The son was confused and said, "Explain yourself."

His father elaborated, "It is easy for me to show you my physical self. However to be set free from it is very difficult."

No comments: